At Thought Leadership Lab, we work with individuals (executives, start-up CEOs, service professionals and social entrepreneurs) ready to develop a thought leadership plan and build a platform that will position them as the 'go to' person in their company, community or industry. We help them craft their influencer strategies, build their visibility, and accelerate the 'discoverability' of their ideas.
Some thought leaders want to bring attention to a new project or product, others want to join or lead a movement. Some wish to build a following of funders, clients, or partners. Others hope to build a network of potential customers or create a tribe of their existing customers. We are here to help. (Learn a bit more about our 7-step thought leadership framework here.)
We also consult with teams and organizations. We believe that an effective thought leadership strategy is an excellent addition to any marketing strategy because it can position you and your organization at the forefront of big ideas or as the leader of a movement. It can also help you build trust with important stakeholders.
While we don't have a one-size-fits-all model, here are the things we love to do and the many ways we can make a difference:
- Brand Audit: Understand the Strengths & Weaknesses of Your Brand
- Thought Leadership Intersection Point: Identify or Hone Your Niche & Platform
- Visioning: Craft a Compelling Vision for the Future That Includes Playing At the Right Level for Your Expertise & Know-How
- Build Your Strategic Ecosystem: Identify and Align You with the Right Communities, Partners and Advocates Who Will Help You Achieve Your Goals
- Messaging: Craft Updated Messaging/Branding For Your Website, LinkedIn, Bio, Social Media That Positions You Effectively
- Discoverability: Identify Ways to Increase Your Visibility with the People Who Matter through Awards, Speaking, Writing or Strategic Leadership Roles
- Presentations & Pitches: Development and Delivery for Elevator Speeches, Business Development Meetings, Important Interviews and Investor Pitches
- Content Development: Strategize and Edit Blog Posts, White Papers and other Content That Positions You as a Thought Leader
- Thought Partner: Strategize Your Key Initiatives, Share Best Practices from Others’ Success & Assure You Focus on High ROI Efforts
- Scalability: Create a Tactical Plan to Scale Your Key Initiatives and Stay on Track
Possible Outcomes of Our Work Together:
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP ACTION PLAN: One to three year strategic plan
- MESSAGE TEMPLATE: Preparation of your top three points and supporting data for important meetings, press or upcoming presentations
- BRAND ASSESSMENT: Interviews with target customers or clients to determine what they value in working with people like you
- STRATEGIC STAKEHOLDERS SPREADSHEET: Who do you need to connect with and how can we make that happen?
- NICHE RESEARCH: Competitive and trends analysis and how to differentiate yourself and your message
- CODIFY WHAT YOU KNOW: Build a framework, process or other intellectual property you can call your own
- CONTENT PLAN: Determine target venues for guest blogs, interviews, webcasts or articles that will amplify your message
- PRESS: Identify press outlets that will increase your credibility
- BOARDS, AWARDS & NETWORKS: Identify those that will scale your visibility
- METRICS: What does success look like and how will you know when you’ve arrived?
to learn more.
Are You Ready for
a Bigger Playground?
If you are ready to take your next step as a thought leader, you'll find an easy-to-follow 7-step blueprint in my book Ready to Be a Thought Leader?. Order today at Amazon
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE COURSES ON LINKEDIN LEARNING
Want More Influence?
In the Thought Leadership Manifesto, I share 12 strategies to secure the support of influencers and empower them to amplify your message. To get your copy, sign up for the email newsletter below.