Motivated to invent, build, create, and show a new path.
Behaviors and Characteristics:
- Enjoy the white space of new creation or new solutions.
- Willing to ask a lot of questions or engage in conversations with customers, community or followers in order to figure out a better way.
- Very knowledgeable, creative and energetic about sharing their ideas.
- See a different future than others around them and are willing to push forward against all odds.
- To get others excited about their product, invention or new idea.
- To step back from the day-to-day requirements of building an initiative, company or organization to be seen as a thought leader in their industry or niche.
- To delineate their personal brand and thought leadership from their company’s.
- To try to do too much rather than focus on doing a few things well.
- Not getting there first or not being the best/coolest/fastest.
- Not making a difference in their industry or community.
Call to action:
Example Builder Thought Leaders:
- Too ‘me’ or ‘my company’ focused rather than creating a conversation and adding value to their industry/niche.
(c) 2017 Thought Leadership Lab
Do not distribute without permission.
If you are ready to take your next step as a thought leader, you'll find an easy-to-follow 7-step blueprint in my book Ready to Be a Thought Leader?
. Order today at Amazon
Is it Time To
Get Your Voice Heard?
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE COURSES ON LINKEDIN LEARNING
Want More Influence?
In the Thought Leadership Manifesto, I share 12 strategies to secure the support of influencers and empower them to amplify your message. To get your copy, sign up for the email newsletter below.