Driver: Motivated to create connections between people with the goal of finding and shaping the best solutions for all.
Behaviors and Characteristics:
- Value working together and creating shared solutions.
- Highly valued for their connections; belong to a wide variety of communities and networks.
- Get along with many different types of people and see the advantages that everyone can bring to the table.
- Most effective when they convene others around a broader cause or purpose.
- To have everyone get along, as this is rarely possible.
- To try to please and include everyone, since this may please no one.
- To spend a lot of time and energy creating community which others may not value in the same way.
- The breakdown or disintegration of what they’ve created.
Call to action:
- Creating a cult of personality instead of a true, shared community.
Example Collaborator Thought Leaders
- We’re all in this together.
- Mary Hughes, founder, Women 2012 Project (See Chapter 3 of Ready to Be a Thought Leader?)
- Molly Barker, founder, Girls on the Run, international organization empowering young girls
- Nelson Mandela, anti-apartheid activist, after he became President of S. Africa
- Former President Jimmy Carter, founder, Carter Center, humanitarian
(c) 2017 Thought Leadership Lab
Do not distribute without permission.