Motivated to invent, build, create, and show a new path.
Behaviors and Characteristics:
- Enjoy the white space of new creation or new solutions.
- Willing to ask a lot of questions or engage in conversations with customers, community or followers in order to figure out a better way.
- Very knowledgeable, creative and energetic about sharing their ideas.
- See a different future than others around them and are willing to push forward against all odds.
- To get others excited about their product, invention or new idea.
- To step back from the day-to-day requirements of building an initiative, company or organization to be seen as a thought leader in their industry or niche.
- To delineate their personal brand and thought leadership from their company’s.
- To try to do too much rather than focus on doing a few things well.
- Not getting there first or not being the best/coolest/fastest.
- Not making a difference in their industry or community.
Call to action:
Example Builder Thought Leaders:
- Too ‘me’ or ‘my company’ focused rather than creating a conversation and adding value to their industry/niche.
(c) 2017 Thought Leadership Lab
Do not distribute without permission.
If you are ready to take your next step as a thought leader, you'll find an easy-to-follow 7-step blueprint in my book Ready to Be a Thought Leader?
. Order today at Amazon
Is it Time To
Get Your Voice Heard?
Check out the new Online course: Becoming a Thought Leader
We've recently launched an online course with LinkedIn Learning. Learn more.
Want More Influence?
In the Thought Leadership Manifesto, I share 12 strategies to secure the support of influencers and empower them to amplify your message. To get your copy, sign up for the email newsletter below.
Sign up for the newsletter
informed & in the know